Choosing between a hinged or sliding doors wardrobe might be a headache. The right wardrobe style should be a top priority for anyone looking to refresh or furnish their bedroom. This is because it can not only add or deduct from the look of your room. Also has an important functional role in your daily life. A hinged door is fixed onto the wardrobe with simple hinges. While sliding doors are panels, mirrors, or glass that slide on tracks both ways. It is essential to check for ease of use, how much maintenance is required, and what will suit you best to the kind of space you have. Here are some Advantages and Disadvantages of sliding or hinged doors wardrobes.
Sliding door wardrobes or simply sliding wardrobes are a more contemporary storage solution, but also an excellent option to go for, working well in numerous room types.
- Sliding wardrobes’ biggest advantage is that they don’t require much space in front of them, as their doors slide from side to side. This allows them to work well at the end of a bed, for example.
- Sliding door wardrobes also tend to be larger, with more space for your belongings. They can be more stable, as they aren’t reliant on hinges to hold up the doors. Additionally, if you go for a mirrored sliding door wardrobe, it can make your room feel larger!
- Sliding wardrobes work best in small or confined spaces and in more modern homes.
- Our wardrobes go wall to wall and floor to ceiling so you can make use of every single inch of space. The sky’s the limit.
- One small downside of sliding wardrobes. You cannot have a full view of the contents at one time, however, due to how easily the doors slide, this barely causes any issues.
The more traditional option, hinged door wardrobes also have their advantages and disadvantages.
- The biggest advantage of hinged wardrobe doors is that they swing wide open, enabling a full view of the closet. This is one of the main differentiating factors between a hinged- and a sliding-door wardrobe.
- Hinged doors are low-maintenance. The hinges can be easily tightened or replaced in case of damage. Also, hinges are much cheaper and readily available in comparison to good-quality track systems that are required and used for sliding doors for wardrobes.
- Another advantage is that the back of the doors can be used, either to hang a full-length mirror on or for extra storage space like hooks.
- Hinged wardrobe doors take additional space as they swing outwards and open into the room.
- One more drawback may be that sometimes the doors cannot support the weight of a heavy mirror, though replacing broken hinges is simple as they are readily available and easy to fit.
If you wish to get a quote fill in the contact form.
For more galleries visit our Facebook page.